Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime), Mumbai, Himanshu Roy revealed on Saturday 30 phones were used during the spot-fixing episode in the sixth edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL). He said these phones were used to connect with bookies in India, Pakistan and Dubai via conference calls. "We raided premises in the Kalbadevi area on 14 May and arrested bookie Ramesh Vyas. 92 mobile phones ...
A judge in Pakistan, who is investigating the murder of Sarabjit Singh, has appealed to Indian nationals having information about the case to file written submissions with relevant documents within seven days. Justice Syed Mazahar Ali Akbar Naqvi of the Lahore High Court is investigating the death of Sarabjit after he succumbed to his injuries following a brutal assault by prisoners in Kot ...
Pakistani spin star Saeed Ajmal praised fellow pace bowlers Mohammad Irfan and Junaid Khan, saying that the bowlers will be more destructive than before during the ICC Champions Trophy after pace legend Wasim Akram's coaching. Stating that Irfan and Khan will be Pakistan's strike bowlers in the Champions Trophy, Ajmal said that Akram had worked closely with the duo during the recent training ...
The Pakistan team management and some players of the national team have said that former captain Shahid Afridi should retire from international cricket as he is 'finished' and has 'nothing left to offer anymore'. Afridi was handed an Rs. 360,000 monthly contract by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) despite being overlooked for the ICC Champions Trophy that takes place in England and Wales next ...
The lawyer who had filed a petition in the judges' detention case has withdrawn his complaint against former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf. The decision was taken by Advocate Chaudhry Mohammad Aslam Ghumman a day before the hearing of the case on Saturday by the Islamabad Anti-Terrorism Court. According to Dawn News, the case was to be heard at General Musharraf's Chak Shahzad farmhouse, ...
Winds: From the West at 4 MPH
There is something inherently fascinating about the risk of great folly, especially in the movie industry, where some of the greatest stories involve ego-driven filmmakers and stars throwing their livelihoods and those of their sponsoring studios into ill-fated projects that seemed destined for disa ... ...
The coming provincial government was ready to hold talks with the outlawed Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) militants, Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaf (PTI) senior leader has said. Pervez Khattak, who is soon-to-be Chief Minister of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, said that they have no enmity with the Taliban. The PTI central Secretary General said the Taliban were also Pakistanis and requested the ...
A Chinese man has been taken into protective custody in Pakistan administered Kashmir after he was accused of desecrating the Koran. The man, named only as Mr. Lee, works for a Chinese consortium that is building a dam in Kashmir. A police official was quoted by the BBC, as saying that Mr.Lee was held to prevent him from being lynched by an angry mob. Allegations of blasphemy are taken very ...
The anticipated India vs Pakistan fixture of the upcoming ICC Champions Trophy, to take place at Edgbaston on June 15, is set to be purely overseen by English match officials, according to the International Cricketing Council (ICC). A list released by the ICC has seen former England wicket-keeper Ian Gould and Richard Kettleborough appointed as the on-field umpires with Nigel Llong monitoring ...
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has welcomed the release of Suspected Hizbul militant Liyaqat Shah on bail by a special NIA court in Delhi. He expressed hope that the National Investigation Agency will complete its probe soon. Liyaqat, 45, was arrested on March 20 while crossing the Indo-Nepal border in Gorakhpur with his family. He had said then that he had come to surrender ...
Police in Jaipur, Rajasthan, have confirmed the arrest of an army staffer for allegedly passing on classified information to Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI). Additional Director General of Police (Intelligence) Rajasthan Dalpat Singh Dinkar said the accused person has been identified as Bidyut Kumar Sinha, adding that he was detained on May 14. Dinkar said Sinha aged 43, was ...
They said it
He is the most evil, vile, demonic criminal. He is dead to me. There will be no visits, there will be no phone calls. He can never be Daddy again. I have no sympathy for the man.
Gregg was speaking about her father Ariel Castro who allegedly kidnapped, raped and held captive for a decade, three young women in Cleveland, Ohio.
Hotel InterContinental Singapore
I took a taxi from Changi International Airport, and arrived about 15 minutes later at the InterContinental. The cab fare ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, who is 84, is being retried in Cairo. Do you believe this is a good thing?
Afghanistan SunAfghanistan Sun - Leading National Online news Service for Afghanistan
A three -day Afghan film festival was inaugurated here by the Afghan Ambassador to India Shaida Mohammand Abdali.
Speaking on the occasion, theAfghan Ambassador appreciated the work of some .
Bollywood actors of the fifties and sixties and expressed the need to revive old camaraderie with India.
An Afghan filmmaker, Siddiq Barmak threw light on the difficulties, which they faced while shooting a film in Afghanistan and said, "Sometimes the very old interpretation of religion or tradition or absence of a good quality of professionals create a lot of difficulties. But I think these difficulties are not driving you to the corner but give you more advantage to create something, to find out the solution --- so it's a creativity."
The festival opened with the screening of an Afghan Film, called 'Opium War' on the 17th and others will be shown on 18th and 19th. It is a rare occasion for the film enthusiasts, as many critically acclaimed and award winning Afghan films are to be screened during the festival.
Some of the renowned Afghan filmmakers like Siddiq Barmak, Atiq Rahimi and woman director Roya Sadat were present at the event.
Many Bollywood films have been shot in Afghanistan but because of the disturbed situation there people don't get to see a lot of Afghanistan in Bollywood. ...
- US couple donates land to Argentine park
- Ore. timber country ponders future with fewer logs
- Greenpeace asks Philippinegovernment to halt Bt eggplantex...
- Canada uneasy about oil-sands byproduct accumulation
- Cutting rain forests may undercut hydro output
- Sun unleashes earth-directed solar particles into space
- Near-Earth asteroids and Mars 2 moons considered for future space missions
- Will the UAE follow Frances foootsteps and let science determine Ramadan
- Is computing speed set to make a quantum leap
- Puzzling Swine flu virus detected in elephant seals off West Coast
- Top Mumbai cop says phones used to contact IPL bookies in India Dubai and Pakistan
- Pak judge appeals for online submissions from Indian nationals on Sarabjit case
- Ajmal backs lethal teammates Irfan Junaid Khan to bamboozle opposition after Akrams coaching
- Pak team management players calling for retirement of nothing left to offer Afridi
- Case against Musharraf in judges detention withdrawn
- Near-Earth asteroids and Mars 2 moons considered for future space missions
- Mars rover Opportunity examining rock changed by water
- Violent winds on Uranus and Neptune confined to upper atmosphere
- Powerball jackpot could go higher than $600M
- Cops investigate after NY college student killed
- Cricket Australia investigating Warners twitter rant
- Spot-fixing row N.Srinivasan calls the spot-fixers as dirty cricketers
- Proteas icon Ntini not planning to retire despite cut from first class Warriors
- Campbell-Brown leads Caribbean contingent in Diamond League
- Atletico end 14-year wait to win Spanish Cup
- FBI urges banks to share data tactics to fight cyberattacks
- Smartphone security in the workplace a tough issue with BYOD
- Cloud getting crowded and that means bottlenecks
- Bitcoin making Silicon Valley splash one virtual dollar at a time
- Cybersecurity chat focuses on industry-government collaboration
- Man in US quiet regarding Uzbekistan terrorism plot
- Aliyev said Azerbaijan needed support of international community to end Armenian invasion of Nagorno-Karabakh.
- Gazprom plans Ukraine bypass
- Fitch Affirms Azerbaijan Mortgage Fund at BBB- Outlook Stable
- Skis replace bullets in Iraqi Kurdistan
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Afghanistan Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Pune hosts Afghan film festival
- Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaf says no enmity with Taliban
- Twin blasts kill 9 wounds 55 in Afghanistans Kandahar
- Russia counting on UN for post-ISAF Afghanistan plans
- Report Obama Trims Afghan War Budget Request