Pakistan has expressed concern over remarks made by Afghan President Hamid Karzai against a Pakistani state institution. Karai had said that some institutions in Pakistan are opposed to promoting peace and stability in Afghanistan. While commenting on Karzai's statement, the Foreign Office spokesperson said the government of Pakistan and all its institutions have unanimity of views on issues ...
Kabul, June 19 (Xinhua-ANI): Four NATO soldiers were killed early Wednesday morning in an attack in eastern Afghanistan, the NATO- led coalition forces confirmed. "We can confirm four International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) service members died following an indirect fire attack in eastern Afghanistan today," the ISAF said in a press release. The release did not reveal the nationalities ...
The US has decided to hold direct peace talks with the Taliban, senior White House officials have announced. The first meet is due to take place in the coming days in Qatar's capital, where the Taliban have opened their first official overseas office, BBC reported. US officials told reporters the first formal meeting between the US and Taliban representatives was expected to take place in Doha ...
Beijing, June 18 (Xinhua-ANI): NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen said on Tuesday that NATO forces will no longer plan, execute or lead combat operations in Afghanistan. The remarks came after Afghan President Hamid Karzai announced at a ceremony in Kabul that his country's security forces are taking over the lead for security nationwide from the NATO coalition. "This decision marks ...
Kabul, June 18 (Xinhua-ANI): Some members of Afghan High Peace Council will travel to the Gulf state of Qatar to hold formal peace talks with the Taliban, Afghan President Hamid Karzai said on Tuesday. "Members of peace council will go to Qatar to initiate peace talks with the Taliban," Karzai told a joint press conference with the visiting NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen. Earlier ...
Winds: From the Variable at 4 MPH
Redbelt answers a question that probably very few people (myself included) have thought to ask: What would it look like if David Mamet made a martial arts movie? The Chicago playwright-turned-filmmakers mtier has primarily been the hard-knock world of the down-and-out and the criminal, wi ... ...
NATO Tuesday handed over security to Afghan forces for the whole of Afghanistan for the first time since the Taliban were ousted in 2001. At a ceremony in Kabul, Afghan President Hamid Karzai said that from Wednesday "our own security and military forces will lead all the security activities", BBC reported. Tuesday's ceremony saw the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) hand ...
Kabul, June 18 (Xinhua-ANI): Afghan national forces will lead all military operations in the country from June 19, Afghan President Hamid Karzai said on Tuesday. "Afghan National Security Forces (ANSF) will lead all military operations from tomorrow," Karzai told a ceremony attended by high- ranking Afghan officials and the NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen in Kabul. The Afghan ...
Afghan President Hamid Karzai's appointment of a weakly qualified human rights commission with little public consultation raises concerns about the country's most important rights body, Human Rights Watch said Tuesday. On June 15, Karzai announced the appointment of five new commissioners to the Afghanistan Independent Human Rights Commission (AIHRC), most of whom appear to have little or no ...
At least three civilians were killed and many others wounded Tuesday morning when a suicide bombing hit west of Afghan capital Kabul, witnesses said. "A suicide bomber targeted the convoy of Hajji Mohammad Muaqiq, a member of lower house of Afghan parliament but Muaqiq escaped the attack," a witness told Xinhua. The attack took place in Pul-e-Surkh area, where the Afghan Human Rights office is ...
KABUL, Afghanistan -- The Taliban have claimed responsibility for an attack in Afghanistan that killed four U.S. troops just hours after the insurgent group announced it would hold talks with the Americans on finding a political solution to ending the nearly 12-year war.Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid said on Wednesday that the militants fired two rockets into the Bagram Air Base late on ...
They said it
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Paihia Beach Resort And Spa, Bay of Islands, New Zealand
Driving along the main coastal highway, on the edge of the main township of Paihia, in the heart of the ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Afghanistan SunAfghanistan Sun - Leading National Online news Service for Afghanistan
Kabul, June 19 (Xinhua-ANI): Four NATO soldiers were killed early Wednesday morning in an attack in eastern Afghanistan, the NATO- led coalition forces confirmed.
"We can confirm four International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) service members died following an indirect fire attack in eastern Afghanistan today," the ISAF said in a press release.
The release did not reveal the nationalities of the victims under the ISAF policy.
Troops mostly from the United States have been stationed in eastern Afghanistan within the framework of ISAF to curb Taliban- linked insurgency there.
The latest casualties bring the number of foreign soldiers killed in Afghanistan to 91 since January this year. (Xinhua-ANI)
- Shenzen to be first Chinese city to begin carbon trading
- Parenting and home environment can influence kids health
- Over 100 Chinese held for environmental pollution
- Prenatal exposure to chemical in plastic could lead to obesity
- Crape Myrtle Trees on Sale
- 280 new moon craters identified
- Steven and Alex Gerrard soak up the sun in Ibiza on 6th wedding anniversary
- Chinas first teacher in space to give lesson
- Indias space dreams soar ISRO to launch satellite-based navigation system
- The Insider Moore Warehouse Space
- Zardari gets clean man stamp following Swiss refusal to re-open $60 mln money laundering case
- India clears Pakistani panels Mumbai visit to probe 2611 attacks
- Whatmore to review flop Pak players with World Cup 2015 in mind
- Pakistani leader among 29 killed in suicide bombing
- Antony for peaceful stable and democratic Pakistan
- Astronaut to give 1st lesson in space
- James Heat beats Spurs 103-100 in OT Game 7 next
- In Berlin Obama to renew calls for reductions to US Russian nuclear stockpiles
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Chinese Female Astronaut’s Birth Date Altered
- Whatmore to review flop Pak players with World Cup 2015 in mind
- Australia A squad to add players from defeated Champions Trophy team
- Serena Williams sparks outrage with drunk not virgin comments on US teenage rape victim
- Champions Trophy Srinath match referee for first semifinal
- WICB president meets regional dignitaries
- Dell committee says Icahns new proposal is not actionable
- Steve Jobs draft email plays pivotal role in antitrust case
- Qualcomms Snapdragon 800 is a speed demon but battery impact remains unknown
- Dish wont make new bid for Sprint clearing path for SoftBank
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp. for alleged phone hacking
- Kyrgyzstan’s parliament to consider renunciation of airbase treaty
- Tethys Petroleum Limited Kazakhstan Forward Work Programme
- EU stint on precise terminology on Azerbaijans territorial integrity
- There is a good exchange of views between Germany and Azerbaijan
- Asia markets mostly down as investors await Fed meetings results
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Afghanistan Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Pak offended by Karzais statement implying Pakistani institutions opposed to promoting peace
- 4 NATO soldiers killed in E. Afghan attack
- US Taliban to have direct peace talks
- NATO to stop combat operations in Afghanistan Chief
- Afghan peace council members to talk with Taliban in Qatar Karzai